Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wooden Bridge

This bridge through the woods is close by me. I enjoy walks through here from time to time. Soon hunting season around here takes me indoors most days though, til the turkey's on the table.
The name -- of it -- is "Autumn" --
The hue -- of it -- is Blood --
An Artery -- upon the Hill --
A Vein -- along the Road --

Great Globules -- in the Alleys --
And Oh, the Shower of Stain --
When Winds -- upset the Basin --
And spill the Scarlet Rain --

It sprinkles Bonnets -- far below --
It gathers ruddy Pools --
Then -- eddies like a Rose -- away --
Upon Vermilion Wheels --
By Emily Dickinson



4 comments:

  1. Ah, Birdman, Emily and a walk in the woods over a leaf-covered wooden bridge. It doesn't get much better than this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great shot! Oh how I long for that walk right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my what a beautiful Autumn image! I can feel the silence and wouldn't attempt to disturb the leaf carpet..

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great fall picture. Great one

    ReplyDelete