Saturday, April 4, 2015

Lost Shoes

Lost?
Found.
Hey, it was a long winter around here. Things disappear. Others appear after the snow lifts. I came across these down on Commercial Street. All I can say is it must have been a 'hard night's night'. Spring is a time for new beginnings. New starts. Lose weight. New relationships. Start running. Take classes. Join a gym. New car. Go on a cruise. Buy a house. Often, what we come across on a whim can change our lives forever... or at least head us in a new direction that bodes well for one down the road. 
So Cinderella, get yourself a whole new you!
I'd start with a new pair of shoes, Cindy.
"I can call you Cindy, right?"

17 comments:

  1. The new spring resolves sound like New Year's resolutions. Hey, the snow has melted; forget the shoes, enjoy the sunshine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's strange is that you found a pair. Almost always there's just one shoe in the road or wherever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strange find, I can only imagine a story behind these abandoned shoes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good advice. Cindy will need a new pair of shoes for sure. I agree with Lowell, it's almost sort of strange to find two matching shoes like this. I see single ones quite often but, not a pair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whatever Cindy's story might have been, I hope it had a happy ending.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is always a mystery!
    I've been watching the eagles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those would have been buried all winter from the looks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't think I'd like to walk a mile in those shoes. Must have been lost while being transported somewhere while wearing snow boots.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope "Cindy" didn't walk home barefoot in the snow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is quite a story here waiting to be heard.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maybe Cinderella lost both this time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant post to go with your find, Birdman. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. THERE they are! I've been looking for them everywhere!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmmm....who knows...they have a little character though...

    ReplyDelete
  15. These may be silver slippers but I'm not going to fall for the idea that they belonged to Cinderella. Hers were much prettier and cleaner and she would never leave them behind! These simply must belong to an imposter!

    ReplyDelete