Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Theme Day- My Camera: Shy Self-Portrait

Today, April 1, 2015, is Theme Day across the world-wide CDP blog community (citydailyphoto). The theme this month is "My Camera: Shy Self-Portrait". This was an easy one for me. You know I love to play hide-n- seek. Now you see me; now you don't. I also enjoy having my picture taken too. They don't always make it for all to view in the 'real world', but that's another issue altogether. This photograph was taken last Saturday morning. Note snow on hat. No accumulation, but yes it came down intermittently all morning. Heck, April can be a winter month too in Maine, and that's no April Fool's joke either. Cruel, but no joke. We'll see.
And now a bit of music to go with the hat:
Check out Lucinda Williams new CD,"Down Where the Spirit Meets the Bone".
This gal can write! 
Also: my buddy Dwight Yoakam's new one hits stores April 15th, "Second-Hand Heart".
They'll both be playing in my truck soon.
My domain.

27 comments:

  1. Great hat! You could use your profile photo, too. Yes, April is no joke in Maine nor Minnesota:

    APRIL is the cruellest month, breeding
    Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing
    Memory and desire, stirring
    Dull roots with spring rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it...you remind me of johnny cash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got a hat just like that one, Birdster, but it lies unworn up in Connecticut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. snow today is nature's april fools day joke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, now, if'n it weren't fer thet there snow, I'd think y'all were some cowpoke from the wild west. The Maine thing is the snow, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a hat similar to that. I say similar, it has Jack Daniels written on it and no snow. I like the coy theme day selfies. I wish the rest of the world would catch on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the hat. The snow......not so much! It's hard to believe you still have so much when it's in the 90's here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Made me smile Birdman, excellent shot for today.. Snow in April, no way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Made me smile Birdman, excellent shot for today.. Snow in April, no way!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We had snow yesterday... hardly had any all winter and BAM. At least it's gone now.
    Love your selfie. It definitely brings out your personality. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You need a guitar with that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A cowpoke looking out over his snow farm!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was wondering whether you'd have a bag on your head or not, lol!

    You and I both back shots but at least you have a hat!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool hat!

    Lucinda's a terrific singer

    ReplyDelete
  15. nice interpretation of the theme .. Lucinda Williams and Dwight Yoakam should sing a duet.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll have to check out Lucinda - I love her songs.
    Nice hat but it looks like it needs a good dusting (I'm not buying the snow story...it's April for crying out loud!).

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah, I think you should use the one I took of you two or three years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like this portrait very much!

    ReplyDelete
  19. My fingers are crossed that we have no snow this month, you or me. Enough is enough. Nice hat!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I wouldn't expect anything less from you, Birdman. Nice interpretation!

    ReplyDelete