Monday, March 28, 2011

Spring Wood

Heading to work each morning, I pass this stretch of trees and brook. Yes, one recent morning it was snowing. Snowing? Snowing! Listen, I want to hear the peepers in the evenings, see green-back frogs plopping off pond banks, and start catching polliwogs in old mayonnaise jars. Well, at least I'm thinking about that last one. I've had with winter! I want to see our backyard forsythia bush on yellow fire, as soon as possible. I think I got spoiled by our early spring in 2010. Gosh! Gee whiz! I hate March!

On a much more enjoyable topic-- My mother-in-law turns 90 today! Happy Birthday Anna (Babka)!

14 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring will rush up on us so quickly it will take our breath away. Just wait a moment. You'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll see if I can send a little spring your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your mother-in-law! That is a beautiful shot. I love the reflections!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, ninety! Happy birthday to you mother-in-law! The photo is absolutely gorgeous but I'm eagerly waiting for spring here, too. Only a few more days of March...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, Anna! And Birdman, brattcat is right, spring is going to sproing! upon you all at once. . .it's just being sneaky.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not the regular spring shot, but a very lovely image though! :-)
    Happy Birthday, Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The snow shot looks lovely but you are right - we need spring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous photo! You think you're alone with this March thing! Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It snowed here last night. Seriously. But, not as much as in this photo. A most happy birthday to Anna. 90 is quite a landmark birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. BIrd, I don't think I"Ve ever taken the time to tell you how much I love your wonderful text each day. I usually comment on your great photos but your wondrous words are what make me stop short and wish I had the talent to say what I really want to. Bravo my friend. Keep on keeping on!
    V

    ReplyDelete
  12. That photo is DAMN good as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous photo! Sorry your spring is so late, I'm ashamed to say we're in the 80's here. Happy birthday to your mother-in-law!

    ReplyDelete