Thursday, October 6, 2011

Make Your Mark

Making your mark on the world is always a tough act. I guess we all can't be a Steve Jobs, founder of Apple, who died yesterday, but maybe we can dream. Some seek the limelight; others find it falling inadvertently on them. Me? I relish my role as a bit player, who might strut across the stage of life and steal a scene or two. For me, that's what it's really all about.

"You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something--your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life."
SJ 2005

16 comments:

  1. le plus important c'est que l'on vive notre vie a notre rythme, et c'est deja pas facile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I might find fame a heavy burden to carry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a footprint in the sand would have been as appropriate today, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a tremendous impact Mr. Jobs has left on our society. A great quote by him and he has quite a few others that are worthy of reading. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice words today. I will settle with being in the limelight of my own world. Being the center of attention of those I love is enough for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This reminds me of the old George Jones song "Every time I make my mark, someone paints the wall!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thought-provoking post, Birdman. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of the loveliest tributes I've read today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I heard that he died

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent post Birdman, you said it all beautifully.

    btw. now you are going to have to fill me in on what a 'smithwicks' is??

    ReplyDelete
  11. PDP-
    Smithwicks pronounced 'Smiddicks'. Don't be chuckled at by an Irish bartender and call it Smith-wicks. My favorite IRISH beer!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a shame to have lost a great mind from our world. I trust my dots to lead me to the future.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoyed your words on Jobs. It saddened me of the news. We've lost a truly unique, creative man!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Do you know how sick you can get from bird poop

    ReplyDelete