Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Hat, Moose, Wreath

Let me ramble a bit. When entering the back hallway these days, you'll catch this sight. Its an image that captures three of my many loves... the holidays, Maine and the old West. No, I don't line dance, no my car radio is NOT tuned to country western stations, and I do not own a pair of western boots; 'not that there's anything wrong with that'. Dancing? No interest! Country Western music? When it comes to music these days I know what I like and to tell you the truth, I'll listen to pretty much anything. I've been told my musical interests are eclectic, and I guess I'd have to agree. My truck radio is tuned to some talk radio, sports, WBach, NPR, a local college station(Vietnamese puck rock?) a classic rock station and Maine's longtime flagship rock outlet WBLM(it's the Blimp, it's the Blimp). However, I won't change the dial, if a favorite Dwight Yoakam or certain Brad Paisley tune comes up, and if I ever get around to reloading more music on my iPod, I'll probably make sure some of their newer stuff is added. Meanwhile, keep a fire in the wood stove and some good music playing.

16 comments:

  1. You ramble so nicely. Did I tell you how much I appreciate your yarns. Well, I do ... appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I see a window of opportunity opening for iPod doodling in the near future, Birdman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your musical tastes sound a lot like mine. I have yet to figure out how to load tunes on my iPhone, but that might be one of my New Year's resolutions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On a historical side...
    Not unlike the struggles in the town of Dawson on the Yukon River at the height of the northern gold rush of the late 1800's, the hat represents the hardships of its rugged individuals and the wreath the unexpected comraderie among its diverse makeshift community.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At first I thought that was an African mask hanging next to the wreath! Must need new glasses. I like your rambling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a nice ramble and also a nice photo. Have a good end of the decade.

    P.S. the word verification was Gumbodia...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a nice rambling...not so whiny and the stuff on that hanger blend so well. Have a nice day and thanks for the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas! When you look at your hat just right (which means with my skewed vision) it looks like a primitive mask. Odd, no?

    ReplyDelete
  9. ramble on, now's the time, the time is now to sing your song

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such wonderful and beautiful photos in your blog. Great shot! Well done.
    Happy Holidays!
    Cheers for the New year!

    Thanks for coming by.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed your tale - it's interesting and a pleasure to read.
    Cheers.
    Melbourne Daily Photo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hats off, so to speak, to you! ;-)

    «Louis» thanks you for your visit to San Francisco Bay Daily Photo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm with Sharon. I thought the hat was an African mask of some sort. Interesting ramble about your musical tastes. Everything in moderation, especially country music:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. BTW, at Pier 45, San Francisco, is a product of Portland - the U.S.S. Pampanito.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've always wanted to learn how to country line dance! Should of paid more attention in PE :) Great hat!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. That led me to visit yours which I like very much. I will be back, thank you.

    ReplyDelete