Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Icicle

Early morning temps, significantly below freezing, are the norm these winter days around here. Now, I glance back... and take a gaze ahead to January. Ok, as most of you know, we're doing a rewind on my 'little adventure'. My white blood cell count was way down, due to an antibiotic I was taking earlier in the month. On December 14, I had my id bracelet attached and had been assigned my room, when the doctor called and basically said, " Not so fast my friend!" In some ways, it was like getting a reprieve from the Governor at the 11th hour. My mental state took the blow really, and since then I've been attempting to focus 'positive vibes' on my new date in early 2010. J- said to me, the night before I was to head in to MMC, "Dad, thanks for being so positive about your surgery. You, being so upbeat and all, made it very less stressful and scary for everybody". So, the holidays are mine, and that's a very good thing. Then we'll refocus, and try it again in early 2010.

8 comments:

  1. Been there buddy. Had prostate surgery December 07. Then Cancer surgery a few months back. And I tell you, it's all about your mental state. Worry does nothing, but make it all worse. Keep up the good vibrations, we're praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and this is a great shot! clear as a bell. What are you shooting with?

    ReplyDelete
  3. KM, I have quite a few cameras in the arsenal these days. This was taken with my Nikon D40.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like an ice-glaze on the brick. Beautiful but brrrrrrr. You ARE really upbeat about this upcoming appointment with the surgeon. And J and KM are right about worrying. Worry can't achieve a positive outcome, but a good attitude can get you more than half-way there. That being said, even a Birdman is human.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm cold just looking at that picture! Enjoy your holidays. Being from the south, I always try to be like Scarlett O'Hara and not worry or think about it until tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please accept my warmest wishes for this Festive Season and a Happier and Healthier New Year for you and your loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, positive is the only way to go and like KM, I know this deep in my soul.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Chritsmas
    and a Happy & Healthy 2010
    for you and your family :-)
    Enjoy your holidays ....
    Thanks for your comments !!

    hugs from
    Kareltje =^.^=
    Anya :-)

    ReplyDelete