Thursday, December 3, 2009

Sleight of Eye

Nothing up my sleeve! Things often are not exactly what they appear, and this is a great example. Here at Tommy's Park, this, at first glance, appear to be the facade of an office building looking out towards Commercial Street and the water. Ah... but not so fast, my friend! What we have here is another building mural. The red-canopied entrance to The Grill Room and a few other windows are the real thing, but that's about it. From a distance the art works, but up close it looks like just a painted wall. Interesting. When all the leaves in these trees are gone, the mural is striking. Now, would you like to see a rabbit pulled out of my hat?

3 comments:

  1. Gulp! Really. Even when you tell me I can not bring my head to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this nice picture. Sitting under the mural on a hot summer night sipping an adult beverage with a special friend and enjoying dinner is really spirited. Great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wasn't Natasha's in there? I remember having a very good meal inside several years ago. This is a great capture of the mural, Birdman.

    ReplyDelete