Sunday, July 26, 2015

Bridge Fog

It was suppose to look a lot like this yesterday with afternoon rain showers, but the lurking, foreboding, heavy cloud cover burnt off and blue skies and a warm sun broke through in the afternoon. Sitting by the pool along side Friendship Bay, with family and friends, was a close to perfect locale to spend a summer afternoon. It was also an ideal place and time for a mojito or two and me to get reacquainted. A Downeast feast was on the menu for the evening. At our table a lobster cobb salad, a scrumptious-looking lobster roll, a lobster feast with bib and all the fixens and my choice were all attacked with vigor. Jane should throw herself a 70th birthday party EVERY year. Fun time. So what do you think I ordered?
How well do you think you know me?
Need some hints?
They are fried.
Not shrimp.
Not scallops.
I have serious 'weakness' for them.
Guess.
* photo taken under the Casco Bay Bridge

17 comments:

  1. Your post today has me craving for lobster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was it clams? I can't imagine fried lobster. However, lobster dripping with butter sounds pretty darn good now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scampi I believe. Did I get that right?

    For a second I thought you were diving under a containership.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like Sharon I remember your weakness for clams! Glad the day was so good! I was checking out my mint this morning and thought a mojito is in order but I forgot to buy a lime! Now I must decide if a walk to the store in the heat is in order.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing how quick weather conditions can change.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lobster, clams, oysters, I'll take any of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When you said "fried" I immediately thought of fried clams. I use to get them when I was a teenager in Cleveland, Ohio. Haven't seen them on a menu in years.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A mojito or two....or three or four, sound lovely to me. Also, a lobster cobb salad? Seriously heaven for me. My weekend consisted of The Eagles, live in concert, shrimp-n-grits, with some fine beer. Not bad :) Have a GREAT week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fried clams? Wouldn't be my first choice but I wouldn't turn them down, either. All in all it sounds like your table had a feast to drool over.

    ReplyDelete

  10. The fog looks so nice and cool but the party fare sounds delish.

    ReplyDelete

  11. The fog looks so nice and cool but the party fare sounds delish.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've got to love a 70th birthday party where the guests get to celebrate this way!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pea soup kind of fog, from the look of it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey! I thought I already commented on this one. Did you delete me?

    ReplyDelete