Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Wobbly Bench

It looks like this bench is going to be needing some attention pretty soon. It might be heading sideways, with a crash, at anytime now. I had a little help as I was setting up to take this shot the other afternoon. The young, blonde chap in the window of this cafe was waving at me and making stupid faces constantly, as I attempted to photograph the blue bench amid this display of flowers. I had to chuckle to myself. When my parents were away, distracted with one of the other kids or ordering ice cream for us, this was certainly something that I would have pulled. This kid was pretty persistent in his antics too. His expressions and arms were in a constant state of motion for a time. He must have been a wee bit disappointed, as I snapped and moved on down the street.
It's not often that you get a living, breathing glance at the 'back then'.
Sunday afternoon, I think I might have.
Look closely.
It's me!
Back then.
Smile!
It's a candid camera.

18 comments:

  1. Kids....what did you expect. It could have been any of us although my Mother would have disapproved of the antics.
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would not want to sit in that one! Street photography comes with its risks, like kids making faces! They always see us first!

    Janis
    GDP

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's got his photo bombing technique pretty well organized.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It happens, I usually wait, but sometimes you get tired...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can believe that that would have been you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Despite the blond rascal, I LOVE the scene. Beautiful blue bench surrounded by flowers is worthy of your attention. You really should send this to VP for his Bunch of Benches blog. I answered you question about Dinkytown on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, you could have gone inside, hollered, "Santa's not real", and walked right out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol. It's a delightful scene though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. And everyone thought I had given up on carpentry.

    I have nothing good to say about photo bombers. They should get out their cell phones and take a selfie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Who among your make readers would not have (correction: did not make) faces like that when they were kids? I still like the shot. Very colorful. Including the wavy kayak reflected in the windows.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You entered into the space-time continuum and revisited yourself. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's funny how little things can take us back to the past. Love the bench and the scene. Though I hope someone will take care of it, because it looks like a nice place to sit and rest.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect photo, the flowers, the beautiful blue bench, except it is learning and the kid is making faces. A Stephen King kind of scene. A book "The Blue Bench" or something.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You certainly know how to compose a photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This guy knows what to do with tourists!

    ReplyDelete