Thursday, July 9, 2015

So Justin

Best.
We throw that word all over the place these days. I'm guilty of it too. Many times over. Best clams. Best sunset. Best game. Best restaurant. To my thinking I should probably use it only about ten times--- Ever. One however is easy. Justin is the BEST. For me his birth was one of my BEST days. In my mind I pretty much have a photograph of every part of the day. The wakeup. The call to the doctor. My tuna sandwich. The drive. The stop for donuts (yes, it happened! 2 chocolate coconut). Maine Medical Center. The room. The nurses. The doctor. The vital sign chart. The walks. The popsicles. The walks. The TV. Looking out the windows. The Fore River. The walks. Eating my sandwiches. The breathing. The room. The nurses. The doctor. Elenka. The breathing. The pushing. The coaching. 8:17 PM. The birth. It's a boy! Justin. The tears. The happiness. The family phone calls. The room. The blue hat. The blueberry pie. The happiness. The walking to the car. In the darkness. By myself. The ride home. Alone. The excitement. I couldn't sleep. The excitement. The happiness. 
The love. 
The Justin. 
The Best!
Happy Birthday Justin.

*Here he is on Mount Katahdin in Maine. One of my favorite photos of him.

26 comments:

  1. I AGREE. He is the best!! <3
    Love, love, love him.
    The memory of the day, however.....the details are a blur....I had work to do!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Integral part of life!!

    Happy Birthday Justin!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a treasure, this son, and all the memories of his birth day too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, Birdman. Justin sounds like the perfect son! Happy birthday, Justin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice post, heart warming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that is a birthday card to keep! Happy Birthday Justin....

    ReplyDelete
  7. sweet. sweet. sweet. great post, birdman!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to him! Great place for a hike!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very nice tribute to your son, Birdman!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your enthusiasm is overwhelming!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous post to celebrate Justin's birthday. Happy day to him and the proud dad you are. This is the BEST!!
    cm

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday to Justin! You have a good life, Birdman!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bon anniversaire Justin !

    (What made you think those tourists were queueing up for the stables?)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful sentiments, Birdman. I wish for Justin a very Happy Birthday and a great, wonderful lfe! I am glad that he is now part of my life, too! And, why am I NOT surprised that there was a stop for chocolate coconut donuts along the way???

    ReplyDelete
  15. Birdman, your birthday recollections are excellent. A very fine post. Justin has a very proud father.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Excellent photo. Happy birthday to Justin!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Many Happy Austin City Night Returns for my Nephew Justin!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is a great birthday story and wish for your son. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The BEST kind of birthday tribute! I hope that Justin appreciates the description of his arrival as much as we have as we read this lovely tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This explains his love for chocolate coconut donuts, probably the last thing he ate before he was born! Thank you both for the BEST other half I could have imagined :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy birthday Justin..Loverly Birthday post for your handsome son Birdman, he looks pretty cool, just like his Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy birthday Justin..Loverly Birthday post for your handsome son Birdman, he looks pretty cool, just like his Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happeee birthday, Justin. What a beautiful tribute, Birdman . . .xx

    ReplyDelete