Monday, August 17, 2009

Watermelon

Summertime and the livin' is easy! Another sure sign of summer is delicious watermelon on sale everywhere. This pile was in the back of a pickup at the Whole Food Market. By the way, what's the deal with seedless watermelon? Doesn't that take all the fun out of eating the fruit? It did and still does for me. Besides the dripping down my chin is a pain in the... Really, it's just another thing that the 'people who love me' can tell me to do. "Wipe your chin, you're disgusting." But meanwhile, they do quench the thirst though!

2 comments:

  1. Is that a dig, Birdman? Hrumph.
    I still love ya even tho you're sometimes disgusting.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the seedless watermelon. My mother always told me if I swallowed the seeds a watermelon would grow in my stomach. So watermelon seeds have always seemed a bit sinister to me. The seedless variety would always be my preference. Great shot, Birdman.

    ReplyDelete