Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Blade

At the Public Works garage a row of blades are primed and at the ready for anything that might fall their way. It reminds me of one of my favorite movies, Sling Blade(well, yes it did have Dwight Yoakam in it).
Latest weather report: snowy, messy, icy... maybe. That seems to be the best weather report here in the middle of Maine winters... just maybe. Ha! So maybe the blades will swing, and maybe they won't. If they swing, I'll be staying close with a bit o' Dwight playin'. So let those plow blades rumble down over the hill, I'll be a peace next to the woodstove and a cd or two.

16 comments:

  1. The blades are swinging here! Snowing and ice in the forecast...brrr!
    Keep warm.
    ☼ Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely not something you would see in my neck of the woods!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blade looks like it's seen some action already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That baby has a few dings to show its past service. Kind of like those decals football players earn on their helmets. The more the prouder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dawn's light and blades. . . I love your eye and sensibility.

    Aloha from Waikiki

    Comfort Spiral

    ><}}(°>

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect day to sit by a fire! And Dwight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great movie, here it was 'Lama tagliente'...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't know the movie (but I'm hopeless at cinema) but I do wish I had a roaring fire even though it's still too mild outside. Hope you've enjoyed your CD or two.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haven't seen one of these things in many years! Not that I'm complaining! Nice shot, though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have yet more snow headed to KY on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't know the movie... but keeping warm by the wood stove seems like a safe thing to do and music a must.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Snow! Did someone say snow, we want more. Send on on over!

    ReplyDelete
  13. No such thing here, in fact never seen one in person! I like the big cut of red across the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow you have such a hard winter there!
    Take care!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete