Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Storm Front

An 'outhouse' and some struggling sunflower remnants are seen here yesterday afternoon weathering the storm up back. Eight more inches of white stuff have added to our winter coat around here. Days like yesterday, always remind me of our family's Sunday afternoon 'trips to nowhere'. One winter afternoon, Dad headed off, with us in the backseat, towards Falmouth on the old Blackstrap Road. At some point, he pulled over, in a light snow, to let us get a better view of some horses gallivanting around in the new fallen snow and eventually got stuck in the ditch. For us kids, it was fun, fun, fun. For Dad, not so much!

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful photographs and memories.
    Have a great day.
    Costas

    ReplyDelete
  2. How glorious to see sunflowers covered in snow. That's a first for me and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Dad has the soul of a poet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your winter memories have triggered many of mine. I thought about my dad taking us driving around town an night to see the Christmas lights after a heavy snowfall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trips to nowhere are the best! That's a cute outhouse of sorts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gas is so expensive now that trips to nowhere have become a luxury! This is such a pretty picture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to copy Naturedigital: Beautiful photographs and memories. (But if he didn't get here first, I would have been original . . . )

    ReplyDelete
  8. The composition is perfect! Love this shot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photo of the remnants of warmer days. I nearly had the same sort of story to tell from just the other day, although it was flooding that was getting us stuck, and I was the parent not having much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. the rest of sunflowers mushrooms seem me high
    dancing to the white snow
    greetings from Barcelona

    ReplyDelete
  11. A nice story and an interesting picture: it looks like some of those strange 'installations' of contemporary art, but in this case the beauty of it is real and completely natural.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How about you write your memoirs and add your photos?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sunflowers covered by snow is a sight I'd never expect, thanks for sharing this unique image!
    God bless you!
    Cezar

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the shades of brown in this shot.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love this photo. I love the way the snow just sits on the flowers. Almost as if it was trying to keep Spring from coming.

    ReplyDelete