Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Lucky Iron2

No, it's not the same shoe. Yes, there is a horseshoe in there someplace. When you live amid a 200 year old farmhouse, that once had a huge barn for horses and cows, you expect to find lots of of farm relics. There are lots of shoes scattered around our 10 acres. Now about luck...

 "Luck? I don't know anything about luck. I've never banked on it and I'm afraid of people who do. Luck to me is something else: Hard work - and realizing what is opportunity and what isn't."  Lucille Ball

I love Lucy!

13 comments:

  1. The purple flower is the true focus of your photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice find, I read once that the luck is where opportunity meets preparation. I kind of like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool shot. You might be able to sell some of those artifacts, like horseshoes, for some money. If you could dig up some 19th century bottles, they've got some value. Try it. Maybe you'll get lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love old horseshoes and barn remnants! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see the horseshoe and I love Lucy too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The flower really lends it a beautiful air.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the delicacy and fragility of the flower juxtaposed with the aged, rusty, iron horseshoe. And I love Lucy, too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photo...Even if you don't believe in luck, I see YOU & E. as lucky people (also hardworking) Perhaps it's all those horseshoes, hahaha...PS I made a mention of your discussion about luck on my blog today...

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a beautiful photo, and how lucky to find such relics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think Lucille knows what she is talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the rust contrasting the softness of the flowers.

    ReplyDelete