Monday, May 19, 2014

Lucky Iron

I'm not a big luck guy. My world spins regardless of whether I'm lucky or not. As a matter of fact, I'm not quite sure what luck really is. I don't gamble. My theory is that most gambling comes down to a 50/50 split in the long run, anyway. For the most part, I see it as a waste of my time. I have better things to do with my life these days. Of course, there is still a good amount of debate as to what encompasses good and bad luck anyway. They say the harder you work the more luck comes your way. I don't know if I believe that though. Do you? 
Heck, for those that had the ill luck to show up late for the sailing of the Titanic was it good or bad timing? I guess I'll just leave it to Twain to sort it all out for me. 

"Indeed, none but the Deity can tell what is good luck and what is bad before the returns are all in."
Roll the dice.

15 comments:

  1. That's weird that you should mention the Titanic Birdman, I'm reading a book right now about the survivors! THEY sure were lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't believe in good and bad luck. But I always have a horseshoe or a shamrock not far from me , one never knows..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you make your own luck, good or bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that ol' horseshoe. As we say on the golf course, if it weren't for bad luck we wouldn't have any luck at all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. luck? fate? karma? who knows...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I used to be luckier. I'm hoping some is going to come my way for my job search though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm always hopeful for some good luck to come my way. Still waiting! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Luck or chance? I do think if you work hard at something, you are more likely to 'get lucky' with it. . . in that ironic way, you know, as in: it really was the hard work that brought about the good/'lucky' result. . .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely textures on those stones and horse shoe. That shoe might not have been lucky for the horse that lost it, but I've always considered myself lucky as I often can find a parking place in a crowded lot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That horse shoe has been out there a long, long time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Luck, work, attitude, perhaps a mix...optimists probably have more good luck than pessimists...Luck & serendiptity, yeah, I believe in them...but even optimists can lose money gambling...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Life is all about luck and timing. I don't think we can will luck into being or get lucky, but it seems to me luck determines who we are and what we're about more than our choices.

    ReplyDelete