Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Three Rocks

I pulled over and took this picture yesterday, and I was off on my way. Back a few years, if I ever came across these, I'd jump off my bike and proceed to spend 20 minutes or so climbing and hanging on these. I had a pretty good imagination too. I could turn these rocks into anything: floating icebergs, the top of Everest, or even a cave in the ocean deep. I spent a lot of time alone growing up, but I was in good company. My sometimes over-active imagination got me close to big trouble, but I seemed to always stop short.
The imagination... the cheapest babysitter ever.
I also raised daydreaming to an art form.
Well, at least in my mind, I did.

13 comments:

  1. Sounds like your imagination was a wonderful companion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful colour balance, and like the way grounded and focused the image with the rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you can take a photograph, look at it, and let your imagination take you on a journey through the picture. Nothing wrong with that. It's a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think those rocks would be kid magnets even today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They would make a nice fort.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh...daydreaming....I was very, very good at that too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love big ol' rocks like those!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with you on the over active imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  9. And it has probably also been, oh, weeks!, since you have stopped to sit on a see-saw, too. I guess we get older and some of these things either have lost our appeal or we can envision all the ways we could hurt ourselves if we scrambled onto them now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. An imagination is a precious thing. Exercise it regularly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those rocks! Have spent the past week clearing out twigs and weeds and clumpy 'stuff' from around many of these rocks in our yard. Our grandchildren *love* climbing on them, imagining just as you did / do . ..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the imaginative kid still active in your posts!


    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sentence! I spent a lot of time alone growing up, but I was in good company. My friend, that's high literature.

    ReplyDelete