Thursday, May 15, 2014

Stand Alone

Vive la difference!
A red tulip in a field of yellow.
I like this. I've always appreciated seeing the uniqueness in the world around me. It doesn't happen all the time, but I have been reminded that at times I move to the 'beat of a different drummer'. I've always said that it's always one of the perks of the aging process. I'll often say of do something, and those nearby will simply roll their eyes and and mumble, "He's 60!" Then walk away, shaking their heads. That's me.
I'm comfortable in that skin.



12 comments:

  1. Great photo and I love the message...as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo and commentary to match. The older I get, the more I want to do my own thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would make a great advertising moto: Be unic ! Think different !
    I like that you wrote the idea in french ! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. reminds me of the old Dodge commercials: dare to be different. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Better to be unique or different than the same. It makes you exceptional in a world of blandness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! More different, less same . . . xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely!

    Every once in awhile, I'll see an odd coloured tulip amid a sea of red or yellow.

    ReplyDelete