Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Nova Back

There's money in them there hills, and I mean to get me some.

After a five year hiatus without a ferry running from Portland to Yarmouth, Nova Scotia... it's baaaack! Well, sort of. The Nova Star, the $165 million ferry, will be sailing daily from Portland to the Maritimes starting tomorrow. Based on photos that have been released, this vessel is more along the lines of a small cruise ship then a taxi. The new prices have raised eyebrows around here too. An interesting happening  took place Monday in Boston. There was a ribbon-cutting ceremony that included fireboats and dignitaries speaking. Only one problem, the ferry will not be stopping in Boston, ever. What was that all about? I think you know what was up. $$$$$$$.
I will not be sailing north this summer.
If it heads to the Caribbean, I might give it a look.

14 comments:

  1. Interesting. I guess at a $165M you need to charge quite a bit for the tickets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a pretty swanky ferry, someone has to pay for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the fanciest ferry I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "eidetic." Marked by or involving extraordinarily accurate and vivid recall especially of visual images.

    Now, here is a word you can get behind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I might be tempted to do this one day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a lot of such ferries here , to reach Corsia Island .Veeeeery expensive too..

    ReplyDelete
  7. This just doesn't look like any ferries I've been on! :) But, hey, if you really want to head to the Caribbean, I think there are airlines that fly there on occasion. . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's a fancy ferry! nothing like the one we took from seattle to bc!

    ReplyDelete