Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Woods Walk

Around here, even in the middle of the city, you can still find a little get-a-way and take a stroll among the pines. Lose your thoughts for an hour or so. Kick up some pine needles. Listen to the squawking of swirling crows overhead. Close your eyes, and you'll be taken back in time. The way life use to be. No cells squawking. 
A silent time. 
A special time. 
Your time.
You alone with yourself.
In a place where time forgot.
Soon, you'll return.
Enjoy , while you have it.
Breathe.

* this fleeting zen moment brought to you by Birdman.

14 comments:

  1. Oh, I can't resist a trail. I bet you that there are some geocaches down that path.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture is so beautiful. I want to go for a walk now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the perfect path for a ride on my mountain bike. Nothing clears the mind like a bike ride.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THank you for those zen minutes !

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, I could almost smell those musty pine needles under foot. Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those quiet spots need to be treasured and protected.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh! I feel calm.. job well done Birdman :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you for that moment of zen ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, but can I still check my cell phone? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to find a place like that! There's a large field behind our house and I hit golf balls out into it so that I can go wander around by myself and immerse myself in nature for a few minutes when I look for them. So, it's a little crazy. So what? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A walk in the woods is always welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhh, lurvely . . . except for the little gnat fly thingies. . .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a great place to lose yourself.

    ReplyDelete