Monday, March 2, 2015

Benchmarks

It's official.
It was the coldest February eva! Well, at least in the city of Portland, it was. Would I sit on one of these benches with my tootsies in snow? Sure. For maybe a picture with friends (if they asked nicely), who might want the backdrop of the city behind, but that's about it. Five seconds, max! "Come on! Take the picture. My feet are freezing! Take a selfie. You don't need me. Heck, those are my teeth chattering!" Someone asked me the other day, when I grabbed for my jacket, "Are you cold?" My retort, "Yes, I'm always cold!" Is it the aging process kicking in? Your guess would be as good as mine on that one. So, why am I here for the foreseeable future? 
I have only one answer.
"I guess I'm certifiably crazy!"
(cue laugh track)
So, benches along my way? Maybe, but in the warm sun, watching the pelicans fly above Coco Beach.
So, paying for oil?
Or paying for 'air'?
What's your pleasure?
or maybe poison?

23 comments:

  1. I heard about your record temps on the radio, this morning. In my mid-forties, warmer climates already appeal to me! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, but could you ever give up your beautiful 'small town life', Michelle?

      Delete
  2. I think that those benches look very nice yet I would prefer to sit one while kicking the sand below and watching the wind, hearing the surf of the pounding waves in front of me. Call me sissy, if you wish, but warm temps are more tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super shot Birdman, really good composition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The answer is obvious for me, I'll pay for the air. However, I think your on to something with that aging thing. I'm certainly more cold inside air conditioned buildings than I used to be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do know what you get from sitting on a cold bench don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm assuming someone clears those benches off, considering how much snow you've had!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am cold here, I can only imagine your cold! The snow is magnificent nonetheless...

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great shot. You have to suffer for your art, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had the coldest February ever in Toronto too but at least we didn't have all the snow that you had. I'd pay for some warm air right now! And pray for it too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Benches in a curved row nice! The photo wouldn't have been the same without the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are these all a same family do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you have to set a record for cold I hope for your sake that it stands for some years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks like no one is willing to sit there right now! I hope you enjoy your visit down this way. At least it will be warmer.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hang in there friend. warmer days are coming



    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the title and the photo ... especially that you show so many benches and that you braved the cold ... on my photo hunts I'm always look for benches given they often are placed where there is a good view.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The benches really stand out in the snow. Made for a nice shot.

    ReplyDelete
  17. As you already know it , I'm glad enough only to see benches Under snow !

    ReplyDelete
  18. Air!!!!

    Lakeland Checks in at a very warm 84 today;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yep, it was the coldest February ever recorded here in Ontario too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You gotta get outta there before you go crazy.

    ReplyDelete