Friday, March 6, 2015

Uphill Trees

I tried.
I really did.
This is about the photograph that isn't. Yet. Approaching the city in winter and traveling across one of the three bridges affords you a beautiful view of the West End high on the hill. With all the snow cover, the trees, covering the face, really grabs your attention. You can really get a stunning look at some of the large homes that ride the crest of Western Prom. During the season, I've tried to fashion a decent shot from the bottom, but I'm always fighting electrical lines. Really, the best location to get the image from is on one of the bridges heading back from South Portland or from Scarborough via Route 1, but stopping in the breakdown lane in any sort of traffic can be treacherous at best.
Oh well, it might happen.
Just not today.
Sorry, another photo about nothing.
I'll do better tomorrow.

20 comments:

  1. "Trying and giving your best is all that is required," confirmed the former teacher! Lot of tree with the characteristic grays and browns in that photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wouldn't say that's nothing. i think any picture is something!! me personally...i love the bare winter trees...like skeletons...hanging out in the snow, waiting to transform!
    (i saw you 'comment' on a couple of the blogs i follow, so thought i'd stop by...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That photo about nothing looks fabulous when enlarged Birdman :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know your frustration. There is a spot near downtown Phoenix where two different freeways cross each other with the one rising up over the other. At that high spot there is a perfect view of the downtown skyline. It's the best skyline shot I've seen from any direction. I've often thought about pulling into the emergency lane and snapping a shot but, I'm sure that would be a very dangerous thing to do. If I could talk a highway patrolman to block me in, that would work but, I seriously doubt that will ever happen. Anyway.....good luck getting your shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'd rather you stay safe and skip the photo op! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your photos about nothing..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing? It reminds me of a painting by Pollock... sort of!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh well for vast nothingness, this is rather beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a peaceful shot about nothing. A bit like a show about nothing. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It does have the feel of a painting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't see the forest for all those trees. Nothing wrong with photos about nothing. I've been shooting them for years.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like most things in life ...it seems like nothing...yet...it's everything!

    Lakeland Checks In at 62:(

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. There's nothing like a photo about nothing, unless it's like nothing else. Then I can say nothing, can I?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah the illusive view that's just too tricky to catch - don't you hate that? I like your nothing photo though - its pretty

    ReplyDelete