Thursday, March 19, 2015

Josie

Meet Josie.
She is my grandmother.
She was a beauty.
I've always liked good stories. She was a great storyteller. The older she got the better the stories. In her later years, each time I visited she welcome me waving her cane in the air and requesting an 'audience' near her. When I sat down she'd begin to regale me on her favorite tale of her boyfriend, 'old man Dunn', when she resided on Prince Edward Island (PEI). As I recall, the punchline surrounded her pounding on an outhouse door and yelling to the inhabitant of same, "Are you Dunn?" She laughed so hard at the confusion between the "Are you Dunn?" and "Are you Done?" I'm still smiling right now. I was always chuckling around this lady. We celebrated her birthday on February 28th each year, because she claimed she was born the next day (Leap Year). After she passed, my Mom said, "What are you talking about? Nana was born on March 1st". I'm still confused on that one. She just loved playing with us. 
A joker right until the end.
I think my storytelling comes from her.
I've been told I have a sense of humor.
Again, lifeline travels from her.
What a gal!

20 comments:

  1. Her picture is hauntingly beautiful.
    May Nana Josie's memory be eternal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful memories of a very pretty lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure are a great story teller!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun memories. She sounds like someone great to know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't need MegaBucks. I lucked out with HER.

      Delete
  5. she sounds like quite the character. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quite a portrait of her!

    By the way, our Senators have to win tonight against the Bruins. The goalie's set to make history.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good genes that she passed along to you! You have to go to PEI one day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad she passed you the storytelling thing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like she was quite a character.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Made me smile Birdman.. precious memories.

    ReplyDelete
  11. And are you equally pretty?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Except that we can't see for ourselves if you've inherited her beauty...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great story. She sounds - and looks - like an exceptional woman. How lucky to have known her and to carry her genes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like she had quite the personality!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely woman, and obviously fun to know!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am also chuckling at her story. Great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Are you Dunn? hahaha. Good 'un. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's good to have talented forebears!

    ReplyDelete