Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Beach Trail

Here's a shortcut through the dunes laced along the way with fading summer flowers. Summer's hanging on around here. Another stretch of the 80s this week, and then as the local meteorologist mentioned on last evening's news, more seasonal temperatures will be headed our way. Like a small child waiting for his turn on the swing at the playground, I think I can hear that faint wail of autumn now, "It's my turn, it's my turn."
Funny. 
My fall 'to do list' grows by the day:
Finish the painting on the driveway side
'Hit the road'
Get me some kindling
Stack the wood
Clean the garage
Organize the workbench, again
Do more clearing up back
Burn some slash
Bring in the birdhouses
Mow lawn
Rake leaves
... and on and on.
How's you list coming?
Keep in mind this is ONLY my list.
I think there's another list (for me) perculating around here somewhere.

19 comments:

  1. Yes I have a never ending list of TO DO things, and some of them I actually get around to doing! Sometimes I do something that's not on the list so then I add it to the list and cross it off, makes me feel good!
    BTW I wish I could walk along that path through the dunes, I love being by the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, I have a long to-do list, too! But at least the temperature will likely be way more pleasant than the summer ones. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is always lots to do but, luckily I don't have a list right at the moment. One or two pressing things but no list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hoping we've seen the last of the hot weather this year- though I doubt it!

    Snow, snow, and plenty of snow would be welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So is your back going to tolerate all that? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My list is so long... need to get on that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Painted a block wall last wee, got new doors installed, waiting for new windows, need to do a bit of parging by the garage - old buildings require never-ending work as you well know!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, I wouldn't worry about it. What's the worst that could happen if'n you don't get it all done? Pretty soon it will be snowy and cold and you won't be able to do these things - the secret is putting them off, playing dumb, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  9. For two weeks my list is erased: I am a tourist!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love that pathway...what the heck is burn the slash?! you have a long list there my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. it's hinting its presence even in texas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Reading your list is making me tired.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your "to do" list is much the same as mine, but I've got to wash the car, clear leaves off the deck, mow the lawn, etc, etc. The work bench can wait until winter for its annual cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fading summer flowers..Itt seems like fall changes are a little late this year or have i just begun to notice? Not thinking of to do's, thinking of Autumn treats: like the Common Ground Fair!!! I bought my ticket today. Might you all be going?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Don. t mention a list of things to do because mine is huge and I.m lazy here! Ops! Good luck with the painting!
    Leia

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love a trail, just can't wait to see where it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Keeping busy will keep you out of trouble: the unending cycle of moving from one season to the next.

    ReplyDelete