Saturday, September 26, 2015

Drive By

I don't know if this is a Maine phenomenon or not. Does this happen in other states? In other places? Here's the scene. There are one or two beach chairs sitting in a garage or at the top of the driveway. Two best friends... maybe a husband and wife team? What do they do? Just sit in their chairs and watch cars and trucks drive by. Up in Freeport, I think, there's a chap who sits by the road and waves for hours. What's up with this? I've got too much to do in these days of leisure. Maybe they might be interested in helping me to stack some wood, split some kindling, or help me finish painting the house this fall. And that's not even including what Elenka has planned for this poor soul. You know the list  will be long. After all, if I was ever regulated to a beach chair in my yard watching the world go by,  you better believe it would be somewhere so I'd have a good views of trees, flowers and the color green. This chair was sitting along the running path of Back Cove. Whose is it? What is it used for? Perhaps someone is not sure if there is a high or, low tide and they are waiting for proof. The day I captured this image no occupant was anywhere in site.
What do you think it's all about?
Want to wager a guess?
Oh well, can't stop.
Plenty on my plate. 

13 comments:

  1. My arm would soon give out. Maybe he always envisioned himself as Maine's goodwill ambassador. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you, also mu idleness is quite organized...

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are a number of folks in our neighborhood who sit on chairs just inside or outside the garage and watch the people go by. I don't get it, either. I've always got something that needs doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A subtle message maybe? Stop that running and sit for a while?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen them sitting by or in the garage here too. You would at least think they could sit on the lawn and look at some flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's better than most TV viewing, watching people. I recently noticed 2 kid sized chairs at the bottom of a hilly lawn on the edge of a quiet street up here. One's painted blue, one's painted red, and I wondered about them too. It didn't seem too safe for little kids, but maybe they're just lawn ornaments. Maybe yours is a modern art installation, provoking curious folks like you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  8. People young and old do it here in Oklahoma. I do it for about 10 minutes while resting between mowing the front and the back yards. I'm supposed to stay off my feet right now but I find it impossible.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a well-worn chair so someone obviously has put it to good use in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sitting in a beach chair, waving at people going by? Put me out of my misery.

    ReplyDelete