Friday, December 6, 2013

Early Snow4

Luckily, the birdies that use this birdbath flew to southern climes weeks ago. Ok, that was a lie! I tend to lie to myself a lot. You see, I have never, ever seen a bird taking a little dip in this cement basin. I'm sure they have been in it, but I've never seen any action in it. I've seen a couple of chipmunks taking a most treacherous trip around the edge, but that's about it. I always get a kick out of the PEANUTS comic strip when Woodstock would take a skating misadventure across a frozen birdbath. This photo reminds me that I've got to flip this top upside down and get it on the ground this weekend.
Gotta find a mousetrap too.
Ah, that's another story.
Oh, and I might be firing my two cats also.
Details soon.

14 comments:

  1. Odd that you have not seen birds bathing in there. They must be shy. Or modest. Ours act as a community center for the area's birds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still waiting for the snow storm that is closing in on Stockholm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It may pass as a white-topped mushroom :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I lived in Dallas I had a bird bath that the birds used. I also had a cat that could sneak up and grab them off the edge. So I bought her a bell. She never did forgive me for that bell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder where in the south they've flown. I filled the bird feeder last week and it seems it hasn't been touched. I'm beginning to worry about my feathered friends who could empty the feeder in one day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's snowy here in the Pacific Northwest this morning. First snow always seems beautiful to me -- especially now that I don't have to drive to work anymore. I gave my birdbath away to my KY neighbor when I moved, hear they are having wintry weather too. -- barbara

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to watch a bird having a bath - there seems to be so much joy in it for them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. firing the cats seems extreme. however, your cats won't chase mice? that's the biggest job cats have in this world- inducing fear in pesky rodents. sounds like you need to have a very serious talk with the kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have one of these cement basins and our Border Collie likes to drink out of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Speaking of mice: our phone repairmen discovered a mice nest in the outside phone box. That explains the crackly reception.

    ReplyDelete