Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Snow Cover

This is one of my favorite trees around. It stands tall and proud, amid the frigid temperatures this morning. Just about everyplace in Maine is below zero this morning. As I type these letters ahead of me, it's -3 outside my kitchen windows. Brrrrrr! What was it about the frozen weeks before Christmas that made delivering 70 odd papers pleasurable? There always seemed to be a week or so of frigid stuff, but no matter. I was always on my nightly rounds. Cold weather seemed to always bring delays of the delivering the stacks of papers to our pickup stops. It was fun for a change, delivering the last stretch of papers in the dark. It was freezing outside but toasty warm in my parka The delay provided a fresh look at the lights decorating the inside of homes on my route. There was an excitement in the air in every house, and a certain buzz evident, that was missing just the week before.
The feeling was warmth all around.
So this is Christmas...

12 comments:

  1. I love this photograph. Warmer weather is headed your way. It is 30 here this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful photo you have today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a handsome tree, especially in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So delicious, the tree , the snow, the story.. I love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a beautiful tree, Birdman! That is really cold!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, that feeling is beginning though it's way too hot here...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a tree! Bootiful. Also luv the image of you in your warm parka delivering papers in the dark, checking out the xmas lights in the collllld. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. And to think I was complaining about 45 degrees...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Come sleet, hail, or snow, there was Birdman on your doorstep with the paper. Yikes! :-)

    ReplyDelete