Thursday, December 19, 2013

Snowy Gates

Many friends ask me where I take  my photos, and when I take them. Well, I like early morning. No news there. I think most of you know that about me. Most of my photos, unless otherwise noted, are taken between my back door and the city proper. For example, today's image was taken last Sunday morning in the middle of our 14 inches of snow. I actually stopped in the middle of the road and took it. Another reason 'early' works for me is that that the streets are relatively empty and uncluttered with traffic. It's easy in, easy out. For the most part, at least one of my Nikons is attached at my hip and at the ready in my daily sojourns.
This cemetery is a special place for us. Mom and Dad rest here.
Cemeteries are notable pieces of our lives.
For me, in a strange way, they are extremely rejuvenating.
Fountains of life.

11 comments:

  1. The best light is in the morning, as you well know from your early jaunts. Gotta hand it to you for walking about in cold snowy weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a pretty photo...i love cemeteries as well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Early morning and an hour before sunset is a well known photographers secret. That's when the light is often the best. Many of us are usually within easy reach of our cameras. Never know when something interesting might pop up. I've always seen cemeteries as pages of history. Wow, 14 inches of snow is noticeable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely agree. And it happens to be a gorgeous photograph too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful shot. I like early morning shooting too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A nice composition today, Birdperson.

    ReplyDelete
  7. But so, so cold in this image.

    I have to get up early a lot for work but it is not my personal choice. Then I'm in a complete rush. I may never have taken a picture on my way downtown in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a black and white shot, until I zoomed in and saw a bit of color in the grave stones and trees. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fountains of life? You should visit Greenwood cemetery in Queens.I will join you!

    ReplyDelete