Thursday, December 12, 2013

Noted

Note to Self-
Pick-up m-bread, froz bl ber, p-butter, wet cat...

Piece Work is the name of the 2013 Portland Museum of Art Biennial. The show is the eighth in a series of juried exhibitions showcasing the work of new or recent work of living artists. This banner, hanging over the entranceway advertising the Biennial, shows a very small piece of the combined work of artists Adriane Herman and Brian Reeves. It's called Dually Noted, and it's composed of what looks to be some 500 or so sticky notes in all shapes, sizes and colors. The installation covers an entire wall as you enter the Great Hall area of the museum, just inside the main doors. The messages that I took the time to peruse ran the gamut from the mundane to the sublime, nothing more or less than I have covering my work area around my desk. I wish they had asked me for a contribution or two of my 'leftovers'.
I have some real doozies.



8 comments:

  1. You're an unknown artist, I knew it! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine, I'm afraid, would probably range in the less than mundane category. Banal is the word that comes to mind. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. interesting. i like their title for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought that particular work was mundane, did not show me anything new or unusual... would have liked to have seen it have some aethetic quality...But, that's just one opinion...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Portland has the finest small-city art museum I've ever seen. Wish I could check out the show.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Creative title for the exhibition. Sounds like it will be interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That term reminds me of my mother and her quilting activity, which she loved.

    ReplyDelete