Saturday, December 7, 2013

Early Snow5

Here's a look at Longfellow Square in a thin cover of  ice on lighted trees. Covering trees from head to foot in same colored lights is the latest holiday fad, I guess. It reminds me of that saying 'nice to visit but I wouldn't want to live there'. I enjoy walking under and around them through January, but I wouldn't want to see one in my yard. White lights in the windows, a lit garland around the front door, a spotlight on the front door till New Years and a wreath with lights above the garage doors, is how we decorate the outside. That's enough! Oh, and last year, we placed some white solar lights on a little fir outside our back windows. When we're home, this puts us in the spirit of the season.
Hold on.
It's coming!

12 comments:

  1. I enjoy the wrapped trees, I'm just glad that I don't do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty scene you've brought us this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lights in the trees reminds me of the millions of tiny, white lights strung through the trees along Michigan Avenue in Chicago. It just says, "Christmas!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. i always go for the multi-coloured ones and have a few sets of solar ones (actually 7 sets) around our place.
    We have no snow yet and we get only a small fraction of the amount of snow that Buffalo gets, than God. I think they get a lot of lake effect snow from the west end of Lake Erie and we are on the north side of Lake Ontario so we get very little lake effect even compared to Rochester..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I meant to say the east end of Lake Erie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I kind of prefer the branches to be lit but it's still pretty like this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Red trees, eh? They look pretty cheery. My husband and I discuss white vs. colored lights on the tree each year. It always ends up being colored lights. He wins.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore your photo! And if my mother were still alive, she would agree with me that it would make a wonderful jigsaw puzzle image.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a lovely square.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Belfast has old fashioned multi colored lights hung across the streets & you don't see hardwoods wrapped in lights, I don't really like that. I see less lights outside homes up here, in SP the quantity was amazing, a little too amazing...But I do like your photo & it does make me homesick & the colors remind me a little of Elenka's beautiful paintings.

    ReplyDelete