Monday, December 16, 2013

Frozen Bottles

I like my old bottles.
I like them better filled with water and delicate flowers, then with ice.
I was doing a little cleanup on the porch before the storm yesterday and caught sight of these three. I had forgotten to drain the water from them, and I almost had a small disaster on my hands. Is there such a thing as a little disaster? Anyway, I would not have been a happy man. Little mistakes like this often drive me crazy these days.
I often can handle big screw-ups more easily than the little things. 
What's up with that?

10 comments:

  1. This little accident, though, produced some fascinating shapes and images. . . Hmm. May be something in that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doggone it; I lost my message . . . makes me impatient! I, too, like colored bottles and have a few in my kitchen window, along with shells and stones on the window sills. Often I will fill the clear glass bottles with colored marbles. Do you know how difficult it is to find REAL marbles these days? Make me impatient!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh these are pretty! i'm a fan of old bottles too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad they didn't break because they are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've lost a few rain gauges that way - forgetting to drain them and take them inside before the freeze hits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you caught them in time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um, maybe too much attention to detail. Back to the big picture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you didn't lose these appealing old bottles to the elements. My mother collected old colored bottles and put them on glass shelves in the window. These three could have come from her collection.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely bottles --- those old ones are beautiful on windowsills -- just shimmering. -- barbara

    ReplyDelete