Sunday, December 1, 2013

Theme Day: Looking Out

Do you think it's easy? Looking out at the world from this point of view? Laughter. Ridicule. Sarcastic side comments. Rollin' of the eyes. Fingers pointing. Heads shaking.

Today, December 1, is Theme Day across the CityDailyPhoto (citydailyphotoblog) community. Sometimes, I struggle with the theme. Sometimes, it comes right away, although boring. I attempt to search out the theme seen from a different slice of life. Sometimes, I feel I fall short of the mark. At other times I sit back and release a small grin. I always run the theme by Elenka, whether I have a photo in mind or not. I don't like boring. I like to try to get a different slant on the subject. I certainly didn't want any shot of the camera looking out a shop window, if I could help it. I had an idea at the ready for this one. Since I've been stacking and chopping wood for awhile. I was thinking a 'chopping shot' with an alarming cry of-- LOOK-ing OUT!
Then Elenka said, "Hey, just shoot you and the bag, and get it over with."
Here I am 'looking out' at the world. 
Playing a bit of hide and seek.
Grin.

23 comments:

  1. Hmm, I always wondered about that bag. It's the only way I know you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's looking in. My cat would crawl in the bag with you. That would be a great picture to capture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Birdman, your self-portrait is so fetching! I am pleased to note that Elenka is "looking out" for you; someone has to do that for you on occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm afraid I might've pointed the camera out the window. uh oh. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How does the world look from behind that brown paper bag?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wise Words of Elenka! So, what IS the story of that bag anyway?...other than you have me convinced that it is indeed you...

    ReplyDelete
  7. The time has come when you must show yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I count myself privileged to know what lies behind the veil.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The first time I saw your pp, I thought you were the elephant man. And that thought still strikes me, every time I visit. But I've gotten used to it now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea Elenka! A very funny choice for this theme day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. In a kind of way, we, bloggers , are all living behind a mask..

    ReplyDelete
  12. :))))))) good one Birdman..aka Elenka :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This entry for theme day is just so cool...!!!

    ReplyDelete