Saturday, November 30, 2013

Hill Light

Morning sunlight breaks over the Hill in the city this morning. Since we wrestled the turkey into submission at Alan and Sylvia's, I haven't been out and about very much. I've been keeping a low profile, which for me can be challenging at times. We did not take in the Christmas tree lighting ceremony at Monument Square last night. We usually do to help ring in 'our spirit', but both of us have had our fill of that Bubblegum band that provides 30 minutes or so of holiday music before Santa arrives. My advice to the city fathers? Switch it up, baby! Variety is the spice of life as they say. If so, you might get us back next year. As for this year, this morning light on Back Bay will just have to do.
I like this photograph.
It's not the same as the tree, but...
the bulbs never go out on it.

14 comments:

  1. In many ways, much better than the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A golden view for a precious image! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm right with you on this one. Thanksgiving is high on my list, but Christmas is just too commercial, manipulative, and crass for me. Love the light and scene in your photo with a couple ducks enjoying a swim.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it a lot, too, and partly for the same reason. It's a seasonal display with a lot more longevity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that shot better than a cliche xmas tree!

    ALOHA from Honolulu
    Comfort Spiral
    =^..^= <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Last time I went to that tree lighting it was sooooooooooooo crowded...couldn't hear the bubblegum band or anything...I do hope to get down to see the tree though...Saw L.L.'s tree today...

    ReplyDelete