Friday, November 18, 2011

Abandon Line

Even when I was a kid, I was a morning person. I was always up and at it early. Many a morning I just took off into the woods on an adventure. Down back along side the lumber company, there were a couple of abandon railroad tracks that headed like this off into nowhere. A walk along tracks like these always offered a interesting morning undertaking. I always found stuff too. Some worth bringing back to the real world; some things not even worth my time. Cool shaped sticks, old bottles, discarded girlie magazines, a lean-to in disrepair. There was plenty to explore and IMAGINE for a young kid. And the beauty was? When my 'trip' was over, it was, usually, still before 9 AM. Most of my buddies hadn't even cracked an eyelid. The entire day lay ahead.

12 comments:

  1. there's something about the call of the tracks...do you suppose we would have ridden the rails if we'd been part of the generation that preceded our own?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I like these abandoned tracks that lead to . . .where? Like opening a book: off you go. . . to. . .where?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Photo Bro! It is important to remember the bygone days of yesterday which will assist us to navigate through the future highway ahead. Respect the past - Embrace the future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photo has made me nostalgic. Again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how your words jog memories out of the cobwebs of my brain. I used to ride my bike all over town and to areas I know my parents wouldn't have wanted me to visit. I saw all kinds of things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It annoys me that a simple lovely photo (and there have been others on the internet) causes me to remember the Holocaust rather than to enjoy the pleasure of a well-photographed subject, such as tall chimneys and railroad tracks. Your photo immediately brought to mind some of the remnants of death camps that I have seen in Poland. It triggers a recalll of an historical period of massive violent proportions. Hate to do this to your reminisce and photo of a simpler and more pleasant time!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the exploration and finding 'treasures'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am also a morning person, I love exploring old trails like this. Morning is when my mind works best, by the afternoon I become lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect. Just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with you. I'd walk those tracks anytime. What great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We used to go to train tracks that were not abandoned and put a penny on the track. After the train passed through, we would look to find it and see how flat it was. Crazy stuff that kids do and things you remember.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a fan of railroads and abandons make me kinda sad... But I do like your capture!
    God bless you!
    Cezar

    ReplyDelete