Saturday, November 12, 2011

Deer

When I'm on the way to catch a flight, I usually have a few things on my mind like most travelers. If it's an early morning flight, I need my java, so I'm looking for a Starbucks or some other coffee joint. Later in the day? Gotta have my Twizzlers or some other candy item. I really think these, in a since, sooth me a bit. Maybe, in my way, they help release some of the tension of the flight ahead. Here at the Portland Jetport (Jetport? what's in a name? They say it's the ONLY Jetport in the world. Kinda strange, if you ask me.) there are some new 'iron wildlife' that greet travelers on the access road. They are thought to be a stress-release before your flight. Would they do it for you? To tell you the truth, they are a bit of a hard find against the fall colors seen here. For me? I'll take my strawberry Twizzlers or a box of Juicy Fruit. Thank you!

17 comments:

  1. Ha, They don't look very stress releasing to me. I try to stay away from coffee before flying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, i want some of those rebar sculptures at my place!!! they look so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have thought about buying vitamins in the shape of animals and like gummy bears.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Steffe on this one, they don't look like a stress relief to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) they look like a peep into the future!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great background for this cool sculpture. Also like how you've cropped the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm always anxious when I need to take a flight.
    In my day by day life here, I can't face the morning without coffee!
    Hugs and a nice week ahead,
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh deer me, that sculpture is certainly trying to make a point. Wonder what it is? Don't shoot? Drink caffeine instead?

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is wonderful use of rebar! I think they might distract me from the idea of the flight ahead of me - can never have too much art.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This has potential as sculpture, but I don't get the idea of stress relief.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a safe sugary flight!
    Buster's Flag was moving, Bird Guy


    Aloha from Honolulu

    Comfort Spiral

    > < } } ( ° >

    ><}}(°>

    < ° ) } } > <

    ReplyDelete
  12. They would make me uncomfortable. Decaying metal is not what I want to see before I board a plane.

    I've been puzzled by your airport's name when I've driven by (although I've never flown through it). What, do they prohibit prop planes?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stress reliever? I'll take a nice glass of wine, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. flying out of portland was one of the least stressful airport experiences i've ever had.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Never needed a stress release for flying but wouldn't mind having a bit more fun at Charles de Gaulle airport...

    ReplyDelete
  16. That deer's diet went too far! Cool sculpture, Birdman!

    ReplyDelete
  17. twizzlers?
    those plastic-looking candy sticks? yak!
    :)

    ReplyDelete