Thursday, November 17, 2011

Layered Look

Experience buys you a lot. There was a time when I thought making my way around this spinning planet was going to cake, easy as pie. I had not a care in the world, really. I was selfish. I went around doing whatever I wanted. There were casualties by the wayside. My philosophy of life was: "Heck yeah!" I'm better now . Humanity is a complex situation. It's quite a layered circumstance. Just when you think you have it figured out, contained, if you will, it takes a turn and seriously refreshes and reminds you who's in control. It's not simple. It's multilayered. It's old; it's new. It's easy; it'll challenge you and take you places you never knew you had. Relax. Sit back and enjoy the ride of a lifetime.

14 comments:

  1. ..Just hoping that control is slipping from the fingers of whoever is having control of the world now...
    ..Have a great day.
    Costas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent thoughts. I will try and heed your advice. You won't steer me wrong, would ya?

    ReplyDelete
  3. the layered look suits you...if fact, it suits us all. excellent post, bird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. l'abandon donne une tres belle photo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Multi-layered is a good word to describe humanity... We are all unique individuals with many, many layers..... Have fun trying to figure us out!!!!! ha
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice post. let's hope for more wise layers...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Words aside, that's a really great image Birdman, there's so much happening colour and texture wise on that one wall and yes it suits the wordage perfectly! I've been playing catchup since I got back from Sydney, loved your 'Requiem' post, so sad to see big trees go but sometimes there's no alternative, still can't help having a pang though yeh! and btw the 'iron wildlife' wouldn't do it for me, neither would the lollies, it's a little white pill and 'see you when we get there' situation for me, or you'd never get me on the plane..tragic right haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like all the lines, cool image!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice thoughtful words today. I like the shot of the multilayered building as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never underestimate the power of randomness and the unexpected. Remember we, not just me.

    I think there is a political comment buried in that last sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, welll said. I really enjoy reading your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete