Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Backyard Snow

Well, it has gone and happened. There were eight inches of snow on the ground to greet us this morning. The plow has passed the house 3 times now since about 4 AM. I guess I can say that the fall is OVER. Usually, the first solid snow around here comes in early December, but not this year. This stuff is gonna be around for awhile, I fear. Turkey's ahead for tomorrow, and I'll be watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade to try a catch a glimpse of our favorite clown, Gary. We dined with him and his family on our last cruise. He's going to a safari clown this year! And let me be the first to announce that I will NOT be participating in anything close to Black Friday. However, I WILL be kicking off the holiday season at the tree lighting ceremony at Monument Square Friday evening and then venturing over to Grace for some bubbly. Track me down there, Friday evening. My treat!

18 comments:

  1. oh, brrr! enjoy that snowfall! and happy thanksgiving to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are welcoming winter in a big way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. superbe photo de neige, et tu as de la chance, j'adore la neige; et pour les photos c'est le top

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why is it that winter always seems longer than any other season? Does it come earlier and stay longer these days? Seems so. Another thing to be grateful for if you are lucky enough to have a snug house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - I always hope that we make it to New Years before a big snow! Have a happy day tomorrow Birdman.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely red house!
    Winter brings so beautiful scenery!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another big storm for November. I sure hope it doesn't mean that the winter will be long and snowy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When we lived in Caribou, many moons ago, I remember my dad always saying there were two attempts at snow falling and staying but the third time was the charm and that one would be around until spring which started in May or June. He also referred to Maine as a three season state, summer didn't exist. All this from a man from Tennessee so go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. that stuff is called "snow?"

    How curious, LOL!


    Aloha from Honolulu

    Comfort Spiral

    > < } } ( ° >

    ><}}(°>

    < ° ) } } > <

    ReplyDelete
  10. White stuff missed us this time! Enjoy the snow cones tomorrow! Those tree lights shimmering on the snow will look great. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that is alot of snow! We usually have some by turkey day but nothing yet. Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, that wasn't a light dusting. Winter has arrived in the east for sure. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lucky you! What a beauty of a snowfall.
    I love the lean of those trees in your picture.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A snowy winter wonderland photo! I can still wait for a while for the real snowy winter to arrive in Minnesota!
    Hope you and yours enjoyed Thanksgiving today, Birdman!

    ReplyDelete