Monday, November 28, 2011

Three Windows

Each time we attend a performance at Portland Stage Company, I look out across Forest Avenue to these three windows. It looks to be a cozy apartment with two residents. There's always a TV flickering across the room, a couple of standing lamps, at least two large chairs, next to a window, a side table with a stack of magazines and to the rear of the unit: just darkness. Against the center window, in one of the chairs sits a gentleman. I wonder, if he knows, that people (well, at least me) might be spying into his world. It reminds of the six-links building that I delivered papers to when I was just a sprout. I always liked peeking into residents' lives on collection day. There were always interesting aromas and warmth emanating from those rooms. We spend our days and evenings 'painting' our life stories, dabbing pigments across a sheet . Sitting in his comfortable chair, just after Thanksgiving, I wonder what's on today's canvas?

13 comments:

  1. you are a natural born writer, birdman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ton histoire va tres bien avec ta photo, tres agreable

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post! Great image Birdman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot see inside the windows, but I *want* to, I really really *want* to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots to ponder here. Like you, I do like to peek inside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This could be a deleted scene from 'Rear Window'. What's going on in there?

    ReplyDelete
  7. interesting voyeurism. i like the dusting of snow on the awning below.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoever it is that lives in that apartment Birdman, sounds like he is organised and very cosy, comfy in there!! would be nice to know more though....!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi There, We are home from our trip. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

    I'll bet those people don't care who looks at them... Otherwise, they'd have some blinds or curtains.... (And I'll bet that many folks --not just you---look at them!!!)


    Bets

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really nice symmetry and rhythm in this one.

    And the canvas? I wonder how many new tones he creates. It could be a monochromatic life.

    ReplyDelete