Saturday, July 27, 2013

Brickway

I don't know about you, but in most of my life what I've discovered behind the scenes is often as revealing as what I'm focused on. Here is a place I've never been before. It's down an alleyway off of the much traveled Exchange Street. Last weekend, Elenka and I were off looking for some outside dining options. We had heard lots of raves about a particular bar just off the beaten track a bit, so we thought we'd take a look. Yes, they had outside tables, seen here behind the wooden fence. We found a table no problem, but the sightlines were not very appealing, unless your thing is looking straight into a fence of brown. Looking up and around at all the brickwork enhanced the picture, but not enough for us to linger that warm afternoon. We moved on. I must say though, this green pathway with the building of rounded brick on the right was a piece of the city that I had never scene before.
See, teaching an old dog new tricks can work.
Bow Wow!

9 comments:

  1. As you know, cities can be filled with hidden, almost private places. Good that you have discovered one of them. Now go fetch other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With proper motivation and rewards, many old dogs can be taught new tricks. Elenka obviously know how!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when I find something I'd never seen before even though I had been by many times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's why I like to wander in the laneways of the city!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've worked over 20 years in downtown Tulsa and thought I knew every nook and cranny but I'm always finding new nooks and crannys that I didn't know about.

    ReplyDelete