Saturday, July 20, 2013

Cat Days

I've heard of the 'dog days of August'. You know, those sultry days of stifling heat that often start in late July and cover the first few weeks in August. Well, at least around these parts that's the way it usually goes. The bumpkin of a weatherguy around here calls them 'the days of icky stickies'. I just call them uncomfortable. It hit 96 here at the homestead yesterday, and I hear Portland topped off at 95. It broke the previous high for the day of 94, set a few years back. If this keeps up, we'll have to start calling these the 'cat days of July'. No?
But answer me this, please. 
With all of the soft, cool grass nearby, why did she settle for the warm, hard stone?
Cats!
Love 'em!

17 comments:

  1. Actually, that shale-like rock looks like it could be cool. At least it is smoother than grass.
    Your sweet cat looks like "my" outdoor cat friend Lara who died last week. sigh . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know, but that is about as relaxed a cat as I've seen in a while. Rock on, sage cat. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess there's no answer or understanding of the ways of felines! I think this little friend of yours might be a companion to the animal I posted today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The grass itches. Plus, cats are gods, and the rock provides a position much more suitable to royalty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Molly thanks you Lowell for your kind words. Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

      Delete
  5. Hey BM...re your comment on Ocala: We're getting the "natural" fireworks just about every afternoon these days with buckets of natural water! But it doth make these parts pretty lush.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Lowell's response and he's so right. Cats are pretty regal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cats always find the best spots so this must have been the best spot :)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't worry, there MUST be agood reason..
    Love cats too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you can figure out a cat, you will be the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Because, depending on the time of day and sunlight/shadow, the stone may be cooler. My wild guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  11. I can totally empathize with that cat...
    God bless you!
    Cezar

    ReplyDelete