Sunday, July 21, 2013

Artisan

An enlargement really does wonders for this piece of art that hangs on the back deck. Anthony is a skilled silversmith by trade, but really the guy can do anything. He's a skilled craftsman who can tackle anything from a malfunctioning water heater in the basement of his home to the exquisite intricacies  of trophies like the Kick-Off Classic at Giant Stadium to many well-known and celebrated horse races around the country. This piece used to grace a wall of his home in Jersey, and I was some excited when he offered it to us to take North. It's one of my favorite pieces of his. Although as we speak, he's somewhere on a river cruise in France, he's always close to us, especially when I gaze to this wall.

14 comments:

  1. Ahhhh, Anthony. My sister found a gem. He's a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a fine piece to grace your wall. Bet you enjoy it every time you look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great against the colour of the wall Birdman, nice to have an artiste in the family oui :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I know how you feel. Some of the art that I love best dare pieces done by friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The best art is where you know the artist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad I enlarged it. There is a lot of detail in this piece. I can see why you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go Anthony! Nice to know people with those kinds of skills. Re your comment on Ocala today: I don't think anyone could fence you in, even Elenka!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't know what it is but I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the kind of art that you will look at again and again, always finding some new detail. Nice!

    ReplyDelete