Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Raindrops

Into everyone's life a little rain must fall, and it did into mine yesterday. I had a plan for my morning. Get out early and take some photographs of the city waking up and then meet Paulie for breakfast at one of his new 'finds'. The Speckled Axe was our destination, but he called soon into my drive to relate that parking there was going to be a huge problem, so we settled on an 'old friend', Arabica, on Middle Street. The coffee was great and that was important, because my search and mood for photos was dampened by the torrential rain. I do not exaggerate here. I like taking shots in the rain but this was just too much, even for me. So we grabbed our usual stools at the counter and proceeded to get caught up. Oh, and he passed along a couple of belated birthday treats, 2 classic CDs for my listening pleasure. "LIVE at Leeds" by The Who and "One for the Road" by my favorite band, The Kinks. 
That little bit of pouring rain didn't bother me much on the drive home. Breakfast was complete and my speakers were pounding out two of my all time favorite live CDs.
A beautiful, musical start to my day... in the midst of a summer rain.

13 comments:

  1. Summer rain! the best of all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paulie sounds like a good friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a nice morning...we were actually rain free yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't mind some rain. We got only a very little bit yesterday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're floating down here in Alabama too Bird. Lord have mercy we've had a deluge a day for what seems like forever. I'm glad you got to meet your friend. He sounds like a good one.
    V

    ReplyDelete
  6. Music can brighten almost any day especially The Who! I wish some of that rain would head this way. We did have some rain last week but, not nearly enough yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. At least you got some good company, good coffee and good music. I played golf. Storm clouds gathered. We carried on. The rains came. Not a hurricane, just rain, rain, rain. If you can picture a drowned rat you know what I looked like when I got home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He knows your taste in music! Love the Kinks!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Plans are made to be broken, Birdman.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Who and The Kinks? Boy, did you score. Now you've got Boris The Spider playing in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nothing like good music on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Despite the rain that sounds like a pretty cool way to start the day Birdman.

    ReplyDelete