Saturday, July 13, 2013

Debarkation6

Sunday to Sunday--- June 30- July 7. What a trip! 

Did ending our vacation and getting back on land end with a thump, someone asked yesterday? Not really. We were ready to get on with the rest of our lives. Now, you might ask, a ship with 6,000 guests must be a 'royal' pain to get off. Again, not really. As on most ships, our bags were packed and left outside our stateroom door at 11 PM the night before. We had preselected the time we wanted to get off the ship, therefore giving us plenty of time for a leisurely breakfast aboard. They assign you a waiting area till your bag number is called. Ours was the comfortable seating at Studio B, the ice skating area (yes, they have one of those too). From the time we were called, till we were sitting in the air-conditioned van and off to the hotel was no more then 30 minutes. Since our flight was not till around 6PM, we booked a hotel pool to hang out around for the afternoon. Everything went smoothly.
I say impressive! 
We're ready to book our next passage!
For us, there is a certain allure.

21 comments:

  1. Sorry, Birdman. I'm glad Elenka and you enjoyed the trip, but this is still not going on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no buckets. I just take the days as they come.

      Delete
  2. Different strokes for different folks . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would do it again TOMORROW! I never thought it would ever be on my bucket list either, but since the first cruise on the Disney Magic which we were convinced to try by our Disney nut son, I'm hooked.
    You just have to make sure the ship gets rave reviews. You have to do your homework.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to feel as Jack does, but your enthusiasm has almost convinced me~ Love the name of the ship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Words of caution to all who have never done this---
      If you are wavering, stay clear of cruising. It's addictive as heck!

      Delete
  5. Glad you're back safe and sound. And glad that you had such a good time. I was worried for a little bit, though, 'cause yesterday I read that someone had thrown his wife off of a cruise ship!

    I knew it couldn't be you. Right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like the "allure" got you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm just catching up on your cruise reports. Wow, so different from the very spartan ship Enotria that took me from Genoa to Haifa in 1968, but I enjoyed every minute (well, up on deck at least). It was for new immigrants coming to Israel.
    Glad you are home safe, Birdman.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a bit scared by these huge ships, but I take your word about the organization on board: it wouldn't work otherwise...

    ReplyDelete
  9. the allure for sure! I scrolled through you posts and left a comment or two and have surmised that you and E had a wonderous time. Looks like fun. MB

    ReplyDelete
  10. glad you enjoyed the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It all sounds so well organized!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I removed my earlier comment because, as usual, I hit Publish before I read the darned thing! Oh, well, it was an inane comment at best! Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. All good things come to an end. Glad you had a great time and easy departure. Sure got some wonderful images.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How long did it take you to get your land legs back Birdman ?

    ReplyDelete