Thursday, July 11, 2013

Relaxation4

I swear on a stack of Bibles that when I selected this deckchair, put my towel down, got my book out, and took my first sip of iced tea, there was no one in my vicinity. You've gotta believe me on this one. Sometimes my friends don't believe me, but most days life comes to me. I don't go looking for trouble or other daily highlights. They head my way. They just roll my way. As was the case this morning. The day turned quite hot, under the summer Caribbean sun so a few iced teas and other beverages were on the menu. I don't know what the secret is, but even Elenka has no problem with a pina colada before noon when she's on one of these ships. It is vacation you know! But I really must say, there are a quite a few distractions around this ship. Good grief! The last time we cruised, John Irving's Last Night in Twisted River kept me out of trouble. This time I took on In One Person. I guess you could say, for some reason, I just need to always keep one foot in Vermont or at least New England on my sojourns away. And I just really like his books!

So, I'll end today with this simple editorial comment on today's image: Is it LIVE, or is it Memorex?
What do you think?
I thought I knew.
Now, after closer examination... not so sure.

21 comments:

  1. I've read both of those books. I just love Irving's work and I always have to read it at times when sleep is not important, because usually once I stop - I can't stop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good way to relax with some reading material.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Memorex......they didn't move.

    Trust me...I was there. ;-/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think: keep your eyes on your book, or Elenka could wish to end the trip without you! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. All I can think of is "not natural", no way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Floatation devices, afterall you're on a cruise.

    ReplyDelete
  8. fakest boob i've seen in a while! sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Plastic. It's a good thing you weren't too distracted. I mean you wouldn't have been able to take this photo if you had been actually reading your book.

    Re your comment on Ocala: Did Elenka say you were for the birds? Post- or pre-boob?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Memorex and Elenka's comment cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I will need to study the objects in question much more carefully before expressing an opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  12. After looking carefully at your photo I started humming Anchors Away. After all, you are on a ship.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would go with memorex also,,,if I knew what it was :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks very comfortable and relaxing...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh too funny and too round and too..........
    MB

    ReplyDelete