Monday, July 15, 2013

First Picture

No lie.
This is the first picture ever taken of the infamous Birdman, seen here in swaddling clothes. I'm thinking about July 18th or so. Back then, Mom said she stayed in the hospital about 3 days. I'm guessing here, but it was probably snapped in the backyard of 66 Devon Street, my home until they moved to 199 Allen Avenue September of the following year. I'm thinking that the photographer was probably Dad, although my grandmother Josie could have been a close second. They lived a couple of miles away. Lucky me. Mom kept quite an intense photographic account of my first year. The book Baby Days includes a list of baby's gifts, a graph of monthly weight gain, health records, baby teeth, food, a lock of hair, a list of 'Baby's Firsts' and pages just jammed packed with adorable shots like this. 
Interesting page of Mother's Notes:
"He likes lights, the radio, the telephone and his Daddy's car. Jabbers a lot (hahaha that's a good one. Things haven't changed much.) Wears cute sun suits."

Ya, that's me alright, but where have those years gone?
Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, Happy...

21 comments:

  1. happy birthday, wonderful birdman. may this be a delicious day and a fabulous year. you're the best, dude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Mom had a similar book for me, but since I was child #3, it only had a few things in it. Dad made up for it with many, many pictures throughout the years. My parents lived on Allen Avenue (different city) when I was born. Ah, yes, memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'll be darned. What a sweet little guy! And, Happy birthday to the big guy. Enjoy the day and carry it out the entire week. . . that's our family tradition. That book is a real treasure for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They say it's your birthday . . . gonna have a good time!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjF1bG5LUcs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Birdman, I would have known it was you in a flash :) have a fab day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy birthday to you!!! what a sweet picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, bro!

    LAKELAND CHECKS IN FROMTHEFARM IN LISBON!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday, Birdman. I see this photo was taken pre-paper bag era. Our birthdays are only two days apart. Hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Birdman. What a cute photo. I hope you are having a great celebratory day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you had a happy birthday. Did you wear your birthday suit?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Joyeux anniversaire from France!with Champagne, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday, my sweetie!! Love ya!

    btw.....still jabbering....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bon anniversaire ! I hope you are done with teething. That kind of hurts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happeeeee birthday! What a treasure, to have your baby book with all those little notes and pics.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy birthday, Birdman. That is a cute picture. The one of me at that age is all nose. It must have been the camera angle!

    Where is the bag?

    ReplyDelete
  16. A little late, but Happy Birthday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That smile of hers is radiant love shining down on you, Birdman.

    ReplyDelete