Thursday, November 21, 2013

Changes

I don't mind making changes.
However, when I stop and think about it, I don't make a lot of monumental moves. Here are a few to think about this morning. Same home since 1977. Been at the same job, same building for coming up on 41 years. Somewhere in the late Sixties while attending college, those British punks, the Beatles, took on moustaches. I thought they looked pretty cool. So I tried one. Then a magical moment took place in my life. 
While at a local watering hole, a young lady approached me and said, "Oh my God, you look like McCartney!"
Game. Set. Point!
It was over!
I've had one pretty much since that night and for sure have not shaved the upper lip since 1974. Few changes here. I do like routines. I like to think I ponder long and hard on major decisions, like house and job, but 'stache? 
File this one under just another example of the powerful pull of women!
Am I alone here?
Anyone ever done something like this for a member of the opposite sex?

8 comments:

  1. I'm assuming that the young woman at the watering hole was Elenka. You're very clever to keep what works!! I've got you by one year. . .we've been in the same home since 1976. Works for us, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are incorrect on your first assumption.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adding to my mental image of what is under the paper bag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having met you, I know that your mustache is of exceptional quality. I had one but got rid of it maybe on the 80s. My daughter had a fit, Her dad wasn't the same.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm -- I wonder what I would look like with a mustache? Don't think it would be my style -- barbara

    ReplyDelete
  6. I kept my very , very long hair for a very , very long time for someone of opposite sex. Boy gone, hair cut .

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got a beard in 1971. I still have it. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete