Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Squash

I want to squash any rumors right now.
It was said as a joke.
I was asked yesterday what I was planning on bringing to our Thanksgiving dinner with friends.  Squash? Turnip? Pecan pie? Some stuffed cream cheese celery? 
My response?
I said I'd really like to bring Heidi Klum, but I said I'd settle on two six packs and a pecan pie. Well, in reality, I'm bringing the 'sixers'. I'll leave the pie to Elenka. She does pie very well! As a matter of fact, there isn't much in the kitchen she doesn't excel at Turkey time or not.
Me?
What do I do well in the kitchen area? I'm thinking hard on this one. Want me to be brutally honest?
Eat!
There, that's about it.
Well, let me be real here. 
After I've visited the nut dishes sprinkled around the room, sampled the cream cheese stuffed celery, I'll settle on eating some yellow squash that's smothered in butter. You see, after the bird, I'll vote for the squash.
That is...
Does anyone have Heidi's cell number?

10 comments:

  1. All I have to say is that it's a good thing you walk around with a bag on your head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your squash image looks like a Halloween Witch's Nose. :) Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Elenka has the last word on this one -- barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Understand. She cooks, I clean. I used to cook, and wasn't too bad, until the point where I was getting home from work so late that she had to do it or we'd have to call Domino's. Maybe when I retire...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's too cold where you live for Heidi I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, but her line is busy and she's not taking any more calls.

    ReplyDelete