Saturday, November 23, 2013

Stone Steps

One of my favorite movies is What About Bob. Whenever I come across it, I can't help myself. I have to take in a few minutes of it. There are lots of movies I do this to. In the movie Bob Wiley (Bill Murray), a man with lots fears, sees a psychiatrist (Richard Dreyfuss), who has just published a new book called Baby Steps. From that point on Bob is forever, it seems, uttering the mantra "Baby steps, baby steps, baby steps...", whenever his life gets complicated. It's a pretty hilarious flick. However, in this sometimes complicated, zany, 'go, go, go world' we find ourselves in these days, it's not a bad, simple utterance to have at the ready.
Sometimes, when you just have to slow the entire mechanism down a bit, 'baby steps' ain't a bad way to start.

9 comments:

  1. I like Bill Murray - will have to look for this film!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reminder for us here today, thanks, Birdman. And thanks for that hilarious comment on Portland Oregon Daily Photo today. It's perfect-o in its wording and in the unexpectedness factor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol I cannot watch this film. It makes me nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors of the leaves really add to the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do yor remember the old Comedy Central show Short Attention Span Theater? A favorite of mine on many levels and maybe a metaphor for why I don't do baby steps well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never saw the movie but it sounds like perhaps a good one. Movies today are losing their worth -- they seem to be rather simplistic. -- barbara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bill Murray is fantastic, Must look out for this movie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't know the movie. . .will have to check it out. . .unless Elenka says, "No! Fergeddaboudit!" :))

    ReplyDelete