Monday, November 4, 2013

3 Little Birds

"Don't worry about a thing
Cause every little thing gonna be all right.
Singin: don't worry about a thing
Cause every little thing gonna be all right!
Rise up this mornin,
Smiled with the risen sun,
Three little birds
Pitch on my doorstep
Singin sweet songs..."

Yes, it's a Bob Marley classic, but I have my reasons this morning. Back on December 4, 2012, the Red Sox made a seemingly innocent acquisition of Shane Victorino, the Flyin Hawaiian. However, I do believe on this day the fortunes of my Sox turned around. He and Johnny Gomes were my two favorite ballplayers all summer. Don't ask me why. They just were. I was always a bit down if they weren't going to be on the field that night, especially at Fenway. In my eyes, they were the 'sparks' all season long. Now, why the song? Each time Victorino stepped to the plate, this tune echoed around the Park. Toward the end of the season and on to the World Series run the crowd started to sing along each time he came to bat. It always has been my favorite Marley song. 
This spring and early summer, 'three little birds' made their homes in my woodshed.
Did the fates have a hand in the Sox run to the top?
Shane got 3 RBI in Game 6.
A bit strange????
I do think they knew they were welcome here.
* play the song... you'll sing along too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaGUr6wzyT8

8 comments:

  1. Lucky little birds picked the right woodshed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed...................Vic..............Ta................Ri.................No!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make some very interesting connections in this posts today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Humming along with you. I do love how you make connections!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Victorino was a good addition to the club. I didn't have very high expectations of him. Glad he abandoned switch hitting.

    ReplyDelete