Thursday, November 28, 2013

Gobble, Gobble

Happy Turkey Day!
Hope everyone has maneuvered around and are where they need to be today. This year, we are staying put here in Maine. We'll be sitting down for a mighty repast  later this afternoon with family and friends here in southern Maine. And I can promise you a few things. I won't be breaking down any doors doing any 'black Friday' shopping. I won't be doing any 'hunting' for anything other than white turkey meat and all the fixings on the table. I won't be stacking wood. It's done! I will be sampling every type of pie that makes it to the table. I will be glancing at TV for a hint the Macy parade. I will be watching football. I'll be cheering for the Lions, Raiders and Steelers. 
I will burp.
I'll hope to say excuse me though.
Last words...
Don't panic.
Don't go crazy!
Enjoy the day!

13 comments:

  1. I like your words, you are right! Enjoy your day and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right.
    The last line says it all..... Enjoy the day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happeeee Thanksgiving. Sounds like you've got a good plan. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. enjoy your day! blessings to you and elenka.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A happy Thanksgiving to you, Birdman. You have the perfect plan for TD, and the weekend. Like your photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our meal is coming up in a couple of hours and I will be spending it much the same as you! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. *´¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Happy Thanksgiving! ¤

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like the perfect Thanksgiving day Birdman, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think I have ever seen those yellow ones. Great colours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a great day and a wonderful way to celebrate. . .with family and friends.

    ReplyDelete